The Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) is going to organize as KCET 2020 through which candidates can get admission in different programs like medical, dental, engineering, technology, agriculture, etc. offered by institutions across the state. Interested candidates need to apply for the entrance test as per the eligibility criteria defined by the authority.
Read: AP EAMCET
Interested applicants must apply according to the timetable prescribed. Different government and private institutions/universities in Karnataka State consider KCET score for admission to various classes. However, it is essential to explain here that medical and dental entry will take place through the NEET 2020 examination.
Similarly, JEE Main and NATA score will be used to admit to architecture classes. Candidates can be admitted to the multiple courses available in the state government and private organizations through this examination. Applicants must appear in the NEET exam for admission to medical & dental courses.
Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) is a state-level entry examination performed annually by Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA), Karnataka. Through this examination, qualified applicants can be admitted to multiple professional undergraduate courses provided by the state’s different governmental and private universities. KEA is going to conduct KCET 2020 on prescribed dates.
The online application forms would be available on the official website in February 2020.
The complete form of KCET is the Karnataka Common Entrance Test, and it is a famous State Entrance Test. Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) performs KCET to give admission to the first year of Engineering & multiple other professional courses in Karnataka universities.
The Examination Authority of Karnataka (KEA) performs KCET annually. The Government of Karnataka established Common Entrance Test exam in the year 1994 to conduct the Entrance Test for Karnataka candidates and the wards of Jammu & Kashmiri migrants for gaining admissions into professional courses.
KCET 2020 Exam Date
The KCET Entrance Exam 2020 Application Form will be available on the official website from February 1, 2020 (tentative). Applicants will have to fill KCET Application Form Details and submit it before March 20, 2020 (tentative). More details regarding KCET Application process are as following:
- The date for the announcement of the Karnataka CET Notification: 2nd week of Jan 2020
- The date for online application submission will begin from 2nd week of Jan 2020
- Last date for online application submission: 3rd week of Mar 2020
- KCET Exam Date 2020 1st week of May 2020
- Time for downloading hall ticket: last week of Apr 2020
- Announcement of the result: 3rd week of May 2020
KCET Eligibility Criteria
A recognized Board of Education should have passed the 2nd PUC/10 + 2 exam by the applicants. Candidate needs to be at least 17 to appear in the exam. Candidates who look for the final year exam i.e., 2nd PUC/10 + 2 exam are also eligible to apply for KCET 2020 as they have the outcome at the moment of counselling.
For B.Tech or B.E., applicants will have topics such as mathematics, chemistry, physics, and biology should have finished their greater secondary / PUC with at least 45% marks and 40% marks for those who are belonging to SC and ST categories.
MBBS, BDS, BHMS, BUMS, and BHMS, aspirants who are belonging to SC / ST categories such as physics, chemistry, and biology, applicants should have performed Higher Secondary / PUC with at least 50% and 40%.
B. Pharm, applicants should have completed Higher Secondary / PUC with at least 45% marks and 40% marks for those belonging to SC / ST categories in topics such as Physics, Chemistry, and Biology For B.Arc, applicants should have performed Higher Secondary / PUC with at least 50% marks and 40% marks for those belonging to SC / ST classes with Mathematics as one of the topics B.V.S.
Candidates for agriculture should have performed higher secondary / PUC with topics such as physics, chemistry, mathematics, and biology.
Candidates with at least 45% marks or another diploma in pharmacy should have performed Higher Secondary / PUC for D-pharmacy.
KCET Application Fee
Candidates need to make payment of Rs 650/-for those belonging to the General and OBC categories and to make payment of Rs 500/-for applicants belonging to the SC and ST categories.
Those who are residing outside of Karnataka, their fee is Rs 750/-.
Those applying outside India are required to make payment of Rs Rs 5000/-The payment method chosen is via e-challan designated banks / DD.
How to fill KCET application form
In the specified timeframe, aspirants must fill in the KCET application form 2020 via online mode. The application form will accessible online in January 2020 most probably. As shown below, candidates can check information on the registration process, eligibility, and significant dates.
- Visit KEA’s official website, i.e., kea.kar.nic.in.
- Click on the link “Online Application CET 2019 UG.”
- Register by offering all the information you need. It will generate an application number and password.
- Now fill the form correctly with all the information.
- Upload the scanned photograph, signature, and left thumb impression copies of the latest passport size in the prescribed format.
- Print the Challan and render the application fee payable.
- Take the form’s printout and get it signed by the college/school principal from where applicants passed the 10 + 2/PUC. At the moment of document verification, applicants are needed to generate the same copy.
Documents required to apply for KCET Entrance Exam
- Name of the Candidate, Date of birth, father’s name, and mother’s name.
- Valid email id and phone number.
- Postal address.
- Category details.
- Student details like schools, board, passing year, and classes studied.
- Photograph of the candidate, signature of candidate and left thumb impression of candidate and guardian/parent.
It would be wise for learners to review all of the 1st and 2nd-year PUC syllabus to be successful at KCET. We’ve collected everything about here in this article about the Karnataka CET Medical Entrance Exam. But still, write to us in the comment box below if you have some other question.
Also check: MU OET 2020